We all have lots of questions surrounding what is next for us after we “retire” from our careers.
- How do we define ourselves?
- What kind of support do we have and/or need?
- Are we financially prepared?
- How do we stay healthy or improve our health?
All of these questions were discussed by the panel in this episode of the podcast.
Some of the key take-aways:
1. Have honest discussions with your financial advisor, attorney, insurance agent as your are preparing to retire.
2. Have honest discussions with your partner as their idea of retirement may be different from yours.
3. Your changing identity becomes who you are rather than what you do, and this can be challenging and takes time.
4. Move into this next adventure with your eyes and your heart wide open.
5. Embrace the process of letting go.
6. Change can be scary
Transition group coaching begins Feb. 22nd.
For more information, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Books mentioned in this podcast:
The Inner Work of Age: Shifting from Role to Soul, by Connie Zweig
Lastingness: The Art of Old Age, by Nicholas Delbanco
The Lazy Genius Way: Embrace What Matters, Ditch What Doesn’t, and Get Stuff Done , by Kendra Adachi