Margit Novack is such a generous guest and she openly and honestly shared her wisdom and experience around the experience of moving as an older adult.
Topics covered include:
- Impact of individual perception of aging
- Intentionality of self-care
- Navigating downsizing your home. The hardest move is from the family home.
- Honestly looking at reasons why moving an older parent into senior living is good for you and good for your parent.
- Much of Margit’s message was about letting the older person feel like they have some control and giving them respect.
In addition to all the other thoughts Margit left us with. Here are her take-aways
1. Be present, be grateful
2. Be intentional, take responsibility for the quality of your life.
Thanks so much for listening.
Subscribe on Apple Podcast, Stitcher , Google Podcast. or Spotify
Follow up on Facebook and Instagram
You can email me with questions or comments at email@example.com
– Wendy Green is a Certified Life Coach, working with people going through the sometimes uncomfortable life transition from full-time work to “what’s next.” Find out more about Wendy’s 6-week “What’s Next Transition” Coaching workshop
– You can find Margit at margitnovack.com
– To subscribe to the Hey, Boomer email list go to bit.ly/heyboomer-subscribe